Pink Hair, Don't Care: My DIY Dye Journey

What Did I Decide On: 

Arctic Fox Hair Color *

*yes, I know it is spelt wrong, it annoys me, but the US will just do everything differently lol. 

Why it is Awesome:

This hair colour is nothing short of amazing, cruelty free, leaves your hair super soft and smelling like some type of bubble gum, it comes in a range of fantastic colours and its demi-permanent, meaning it does wash out. 

Why You Might Think Twice:

The colours are pretty intense, especially on lighter hair, and while it does wash out, it can take a little while. Shipping from the US, while incredibly quick (looking at you AusPost) can be expensive, so if you are to buy them, best to stock up, as shipping does not increase dramatically with multiple products. 


The Story Behind the Decision:

We moved to Brisbane in the start of 2020, and two weeks later that pesky pandemic thing hit. Amongst all the other things we now had to learn to deal with moving to a brand new city, we had to deal with business closures and all that COVID wrought upon us. But, more importantly, I HAD LOST MY HAIRDRESSER. 

With the loss of control due to stay at home order, home schooling, and just the general stress of the first few months of living in a global pandemic, I needed to do something. My hair was also looking worse by the day, so I decided to go back to doing my hair at home.  

Taking Matters into My own Hands.... again.

Now, I have been dying my hair since I was 12, and to be honest, I am not 100 percent sure what me real hair colour is, but over that time I have learnt lots of lessons. I have had hair that was like straw from bleach, hair that felt lovely and healthy, but was really coated in second rate dye over second rate dye. And I have had my head and clothes, and bathroom stained on more occasions than I can count. 

I knew what I wanted this time. Bright colours, demi-permanent, and something that was going to leave my hair better than when I started. I was prepared to spend a little more, because whatever it was it was going to be less than the hairdresser, which was shut anyway. 

After my usual Googling, YouTube watching, review reading, more googling, Instagram stalking... and plenty of time thinking, I bit the bullet and got my first Arctic Fox delivery. 


My very first Arctic Fox delivery

I have never looked back.

This stuff is fantastic, leaves my hair looking amazing, and feeling great. It doesn't hurt your hair at all, it works like a leave in conditioner. You can also dilute it, either with the branded Arctic Fox diluter (which I have used) or just with conditioner, which I what I usually do. Another fav thing for me is to add it to my conditioner bottle, and just condition in the shower as usual. It adds a slight tint, depending on how much colour was added, and takes no longer than a regular wash. I also use the conditioner trick to keep my colour alive for longer, as rather than each wash fading it, a little colour gets added back in.  

Actually, now that I think about it.... I am due to do another order...... 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Period Product Puzzler: Designed for What, Exactly?

The Woman Behind The Smartest Woman Alive

Why I Ditched the Paper: Digital Planning on an iPad